Re: Netfilter Hook and Multiqueue?

Le mardi 12 avril 2011 Ã 12:21 -0700, Justin Yaple a Ãcrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using a netfilter hook to capture "NF_IP_FORWARD" traffic and
> route packets to my application in userspace.  I want to implement
> more queues to distribute softirqs between multiple CPUs.  Is it
> currently possible to "return NF_QUEUE" with a specific queuenum or is
> this handled automatically if I create more queue handlers in my
> application?

The key here is not NIC queue number but cpu number handling softirq

You can use cpu match added in linux 2.6.36, if you make sure all
packets for a given workflow are handled by an unique cpu

Say you have 4 cpus to handle the incoming load, you create 4 queues
and :

iptables -A FORWARD ... -m cpu 0 -j ...
iptables ... -m cpu 1 -j ...
iptables ... -m cpu 2 -j ...