Re: WIP/RFC: add new module ebt_NFQUEUE for ebtables

Op 3/02/2011 15:32, Pierre Chifflier schreef:
Hi,

Here is the code as requested for the module I'm trying to add.
Basically, the code is split in two parts:
- patch 1 and 2 prepare the ebtables and nfqueue existing code to allow
   sending packets from ebtables. Since these packets are labelled PF_BRIDGE
   they have no afinfo structure, so we just ignore (instead of exiting)
- patch 3 adds the new module, which just always returns EBT_QUEUE

This is of course not meant for inclusion, but comments would be welcome.

I'm not too familiar with nf_queue, but I don't see you register a queue handler for NFPROTO_BRIDGE. Why does __nf_queue even queue the packet to userspace if you didn't register a queue handler for pf=NFPROTO_BRIDGE? For debugging, you could experiment with iptables' queue target for bridged IP traffic (iptables can be enabled to see bridged traffic)... Since the queueing is basically done in the same bridge context for this traffic, it should help you.

Bart

--
Bart De Schuymer
www.artinalgorithms.be