Re: [RFC 0/3] MPEG2/TS drop analyzer iptables match extension

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2010-11-04 10:20, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

This now lives in the mp2t branch (since NFWS already actually) of xt-a,
and I have taken the liberty to start updating it to higher standards.
Please watch that branch, as I don't have any MPEG equipment around me
to do runtime tests.

Jan, I would actually like to maintain the source via my own git tree. And I
would gladly accept your patches against that tree.

I do not mind who is hosting what parts, as git repos can be
transferred easily, but I strongly suggest not to decouple xt_mp2t
from (any clone of) the xtables-addons structure base, because doing
so would bring you back to square one with regard to maintenance.

I recognize you may dislike splitting up the IPTV codebase, so I
propose that you make use of submodules, and have an Xt-a clone as
one submodule. That would allow merging in both directions.

Well, I'm ready to maintain the module my self. I know we talked (during Netfilter Workshop) about putting the module into the Xtables-addons git-tree, because the project had stalled.

But things have changed! - I now have some people/developers interested in the project, thus I'm taking an active maintainer role instead.

My plan is to keep the module "compatible" with the Xtables-addon build system. Thats why I make my module use your compat_* system from xt-a. This way you can easier copy the module into you tree, if I fail to maintain the module...

I have looked at your improvements in the "mp2t" branch of you tree. I'll integrate those changes/improvement in my tree, and give you the author credits in my tree.

(ps. this email got delayed on my postponed email outbox, sorry. Have already had some offlist discussions with Jan)

Cheers,
  Jesper Brouer