Re: [RFC 0/3] MPEG2/TS drop analyzer iptables match extension

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Tuesday 2010-10-19 16:21, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

This is my iptables match module for analyzing IPTV MPEG2/TS streams.
Currently it only detects dropped packets, but I want to extend it for
analyzing jitter and bursts.

Jan Engelhardt convinced me that I should just send the module as-is
for review on the list.  I wrote the code in 2009, and have only done
some minor changes to make it work on kernel 2.6.35 since.

This now lives in the mp2t branch (since NFWS already actually) of xt-a,
and I have taken the liberty to start updating it to higher standards.
Please watch that branch, as I don't have any MPEG equipment around me
to do runtime tests.

Jan, I would actually like to maintain the source via my own git tree. And I would gladly accept your patches against that tree.

Since the workshop, I have been busy "Open Sourcing" the project my self. I now have a git repository, which also contains the collector daemon, web-code and database layout. The git tree also contains some README documentation. It for example contains a description of howto setup a testlab with MPEG2 streaming via VLC and controlled packet drops via tc-netem, so you can perform your runtime tests.

I didn't plan to release the project just yet, as I wanted to do some renaming. E.g I want to rename the mp2t module to mpeg2ts, and I want to rename the collector daemon from tvprobe to iptv-analyzer.

The git tree is temporarily located on people.netfilter.org:

 git://people.netfilter.org/hawk/iptv-analyzer.git

I have bought the domain iptv-analyzer.org, but I have not installed any servers on that domain, yet.

Solvik Blum (Cc.ed), is currently helping me out with the web-frontend.

Cheers,
  Jesper Brouer