To: <netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Samuel Feitosa" <samuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Netfilter for Windows

2010/4/15 Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>:
Ondrej Slanina wrote:
I just created a basic 'port' of Linux netfilter core modules on MS
Windows. Now, it's implemented as a single kernel module (IM driver) and
userspace library which has the same API as libnetfilter_queue. Network
filtering is now performed only on pre_input and post_output sides.
Kernel module now includes packet queueing, processing, not as on Linux,
where this tasks is processed by separate modules. It will be
distributed under GPL. I have some questions:

Cool. Finally those poor souls can use a proper firewall :)

1, Can I use 'netfilter' and 'libnetfilter_queue' names for this? For
example kernel module named netfilter.sys, userspace library named
libnetfilter_queue.lib, project name netfilter, netfilter for windows or
something like it?

I think using the same names is fine.

2, Should I put some notice about origin into source code files ?
Something like: "Based on Linux netfilter/libnetfilter_queue" ?
Just keeping the original copyright and GPL headers is fine.

My implementation is now very primitive, but I want to extend it in the future.

Please keep us posted. I guess we could also host the source on
one of the netfilter servers in case you're interested.

Congratulations! Do you plan to port the userspace tools to windows using mingw?

And what's the status? Is libnetfilter_queue working fine?

I'm very interested, because I'm currently porting some commercial
softwares to windows, including a firewall which uses
libnetfilter_queue.

And now we're talking about netfilter on Windows, let me ask: is there
any known port to NetBSD/FreeBSD?? And for MINIX??

Thank you.

--Bruno Moreira Guedes

__________ Informace od ESET NOD32 Antivirus, verze databaze 5030 (20100415) __________

Tuto zpravu proveril ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.cz