Re: Fw: Netfilter for Windows

2010/4/15 Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Ondrej Slanina wrote:
>> I just created a basic 'port' of Linux netfilter core modules on MS
>> Windows. Now, it's implemented as a single kernel module (IM driver) and
>> userspace library which has the same API as libnetfilter_queue. Network
>> filtering is now performed only on pre_input and post_output sides.
>> Kernel module now includes packet queueing, processing, not as on Linux,
>> where this tasks is processed by separate modules. It will be
>> distributed under GPL. I have some questions:
>
> Cool. Finally those poor souls can use a proper firewall :)
>
>> 1, Can I use 'netfilter' and 'libnetfilter_queue' names for this? For
>> example kernel module named netfilter.sys, userspace library named
>> libnetfilter_queue.lib, project name netfilter, netfilter for windows or
>> something like it?
>
> I think using the same names is fine.
>
>> 2, Should I put some notice about origin into source code files ?
>> Something like: "Based on Linux netfilter/libnetfilter_queue"  ?
> Just keeping the original copyright and GPL headers is fine.
>
>> My implementation is now very primitive, but I want to extend it in the future.
>
> Please keep us posted. I guess we could also host the source on
> one of the netfilter servers in case you're interested.
>
> --

Congratulations! Do you plan to port the userspace tools to windows using mingw?

And what's the status? Is libnetfilter_queue working fine?

I'm very interested, because I'm currently porting some commercial
softwares to windows, including a firewall which uses
libnetfilter_queue.

And now we're talking about netfilter on Windows, let me ask: is there
any known port to NetBSD/FreeBSD?? And for MINIX??

Thank you.

--Bruno Moreira Guedes