Re: input-layer LEDs as LED-class devices (was: Add refcounts to LED target)

Hi Jan,

>> I've uploaded the kernel module to make your keyboard LEDs accessible as LED
>> devices here: http://www.shikadi.net/files/kernel/leds-input-20100328.tar.bz2
>
> I've got patches for that. (attached)

Thanks very much for taking the time to review it!  I've included your
changes, apparently I should look harder to see if the kernel already provides
a function before implementing it myself :-)

> And what I observed is that I get duplicated keypresses when there is
> network activity. (UP with CONFIG_PREEMPT=y.) Most likely because the
> i8042 keyboard is such a piece of legacy hardware that it is not
> worth investigating. I don't have any USB keyboard handy right now,
> so testing that needs to wait until after the holidays.

Did you try it with the iptables --led-delay option?  I've only tried it with
USB keyboards but that seems to be required for it to work smoothly
(--led-delay 1 is fine.)  Perhaps a higher delay value is needed for i8042
keyboards?

I'm wondering whether I should implement the delay in the module itself so
that the user doesn't have to worry about it, it just becomes a "slow" LED device.

> But other than that, does its job.

Glad to hear it!  Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
Adam.