Re: ebtables-2.0.9-2: build fixes

Peter Volkov wrote:
> Hello. I hope this is correct mailing list to post patches for ebtables.
> Please, review and apply attached patches for ebtables:
>
> 1. ebtables-v2.0.9-2-LDFLAGS.diff - respect LDFLAGS during ebtables
> build.
> 2. ebtables-v2.0.8-2-ethertype-DESTDIR-mkdir.patch - create directories
> to avoid build failure when DESTDIR is supplied.
>
> With best regards,

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the patches. I have some questions, though.
- In what situation is LDFLAGS needed (it's not defined in the
Makefiles)? Is it standard practice to include this?
- Not all distros use the sysvinit package anymore (e.g. Ubuntu uses
upstart). In arptables I made the copying to INITDIR and SYSCONFIGDIR
dependent on the existence of the directories. That way we don't copy
the sysvinit type of files on a system that uses something else. I'd
prefer to do the same thing with ebtables. Does that sound ok to you?

cheers,

Bart

--
Bart De Schuymer