Availability of libiptc in iptables-1.4.4 or above

Hello there. I am currently working on a project which uses libiptc for modifying iptables rules within a Ubuntu PC. As I upgraded the distribution to Ubuntu 9.10, which includes iptables-1.4.4. When I try to include the header files to my program, I found that the definition of "struct iptc_handle_t" has been removed and replaced by "struct iptc_handle" or simply "STRUCT_TC_HANDLE", which is significantly different from the one defined in iptables-1.3.3 where I can run my codes perfectly. Moreover, the structure definition is moved into libiptc.c, which might have caused the compilation error below:

iptc_policy.c:6: error: storage size of ‘h’ isn’t known

where 'h' is the "struct iptc_handle" I have declared in my codes.

Is there any way to make my codes work like before without making a lot of modifications? Or simply libiptc is no longer available for us to manipulate iptables?  Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English.

Rocky