Re: Add seperated timeout for the connections that only receive packets in one direction

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Changli Gao wrote:
>> It is not easy to spoof in both directions. Routers won't forward it if the destination is at the same side.
>
> Please don't top post.

Sorry, I don't notice that G1 top posts.

> They don't need to forward anything, conntrack handles the packet before
> routing.

Think about this topologic:

Attacker -> router1 -> router2 -> ... -> Linux Router -> Apache.

the packets in the other direction won't be sent to the Linux Router,
as the other routers will routed them to the other place.

Case 2:

Attacker ---+
                +-- Linux Router --> WAN
Victim-------+

If we do sth. like RPF before entering conntrack, the packets in the
other direction won't be in.

--
Regards,
Changli Gao(xiaosuo@xxxxxxxxx)