Re: xt_stealth as separate patch against xtables-addons-1.17

Btw, the manpage for 'socket' match should clearly specify that
an 'open socket' means socket in either listening or established state.
I was first puzzled by what 'open socket' really means...

Now that you mention it, I guess it's "any socket" :-/
On the upside, more feature flags for xt_socket! :)

Indeed. To simulate xt_stealth, we first need xt_socket to allow for clearly distinguishing tcp sockets in 'listening' state only, and udp sockets in 'existing' state I guess (see xt_stealth.c). Separate, per-"state" match should be possible, though.

I suggest adding support to xt_socket for something like

  --sockstate listening
  --sockstate established
  --sockstate exists

Then, I could write:

  iptables -N socktest
  iptables -A socktest -p tcp --syn -m socket --sockstate listening -j RETURN
  iptables -A socktest -p udp       -m socket --sockstate exists    -j RETURN
  iptables -A socktest                                              -j DROP

  iptables -A INPUT                                                 -j socktest

Jan