Re: initial (im)port of ipt_ACCOUNT, ipt_pknock and ipt_stealth to xtables-addons-1.17

Hello Jan Rafaj,

On Thursday, 27. August 2009 17:53:33 Jan Rafaj wrote:
> - files have all been renamed from {lib,}ipt_* to {lib,}xt_*
>    (I know, they are still IPv4-only projects, but thats the policy
>    of Xt-a)

Thanks for your effort.

ipt_ACCOUNT is IPv4 only. Giving it a name of xt_ACCOUNT
will give the impression it works for IPv6, right?

> By releasing this, I only strongly (and selfishly, I admit) hope the
> authors of these projects will eventually see advantages of being part of
> xtables-addons, and will hopefully start to maintain these projects in
> xtables-addons tree from now on.

Well, I don't use xtables-addons myself :o)

ipt_ACCOUNT is maintained in it's own git tree here:
http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/ipt_ACCOUNT/repository.php

As development is currently in maintenance mode only,
it shouldn't hurt to have a copy in Xtables-addons, too.

Though I'm not sure if having two versions with different names
(xt_ACCOUNT, ipt_ACCOUNT) is a good idea.

Best regards,
Thomas Jarosch