ulogd2/NFLOG: nfnetlink_log: error creating log nlmsg

Hello List,

I am trying to get ulogd2 to log NFLOG-collected data
correctly, and am getting lots of "nfnetlink_log: error creating log
nlmsg" and only very few actual log entries.

As far as I can tell this happens when there is not enough skb_tailroom
for the log-message in __build_packet_message, but in
nfulnl_log_packet there also a check of skb_tailroom against a different
size value which is supposed to result in flushing messages if there
is no space.

Bug? Feature? If it's the latter, how can I prevent this from
happening?

   Thanks,
      Thomas

Installation details:

conntrack-tools-0.9.12
iptables-1.4.3.2
libnetfilter_conntrack-0.0.99
libnetfilter_log-0.0.16
libnfnetlink-0.0.41
linux-2.6.27.21 (Greg Kroah-Hartman's "stable" branch)
ulogd2 (fairly recent git pull, <1.5 month)

I am logging using "-m limit 1/s --burst 60 -j NFLOG --threshold 10
--prefix SOMETHING" with maybe 3-4 different rules like this in the main
data path. Log volume therefore shouldn't be that high.

Ulogd2 uses the example NFLOG stack [log1:NFLOG] (i.e.
LOGEMU/PRINTPKT...) and sync=0, the rest are default settings.