Re: nf_conntrack.acct has no effect

Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:
The implication is that xt_connbytes will not do the right thing
anymore as soon as user accounting is turned off, either by flipping
the sysctl value or deactivating the kconfig option. That is not
good.

The sysctl is not going to be removed and you can still set the initial value with the proper kernel/module option. I fail to see the problem here.

Its mainly a usability thing. Its not really obvious that the
match will be entirely without effect if you don't set some sysctl.
And since we can assume that anyone using the connbytes match
intends for it to have some effect, we might as well enable it
automatically.