Re: nf_conntrack.acct has no effect

Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Patrick McHardy wrote:

Holger Eitzenberger wrote:
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 05:56:52PM +0100, Patrick McHardy wrote:

Currently the default is set based on the old config option.
When unset, no acct-extend is allocated for *new* conntracks.
The old ones that do have an acct-extend are still displayed.

I think the current implementation is unfortunate, because the
connbytes match auto-selects CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT, and you end up having
the message always and can't get rid of it other than patching
it out.

Its only a compat option, it will get removed soon. 2.6.30 or 2.6.31
I'd say.

I have the patch ready. Do you think it is a good moment to push it now, so it will be included in 2.6.30, or should I rather wait for 2.6.31?

I'd say it has been long enough, but Jan raised a valid point.
We can't use the Kconfig selection anymore once we remove that
option, so we need a replacement to automatically enable counters.