Re: Fix ipt_REJECT problem with nf_bridge

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> So what about the OP's observation that nskb->nf_bridge == NULL?
> Just because the incoming packet came in over a bridge does
> not mean the RST is going over one too, and that being the
> deciding factor for RTN_LOCAL or not, is it?

Agreed that the RST may not be going out a bridge.

We don't know yet whether the RST will be bridged; that's why
we are calling ip_route_me_harder().

The deciding factor for RTN_LOCAL should be whether the incoming
packet is purely bridged, because that means the RST will have
a foreign source address.  We must follow the first code path in
ip_route_me_harder() or we drop it when ip forwarding is disabled,
but if the RST has a foreign source address then it will normally
follow the second code path, so we must force the first by
specifying RTN_LOCAL.