Re: xt_statistic.c - the statistic match

On Tuesday 2009-01-13 08:28, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>>> How could that happen?  I'm not accepting between the statistic
>>> match rules (which would definitely cause the rules to get out of
>>> sync).
>>
>> Are you running on an SMP system? If so, try printing out the value
>> of info->master and verify that it always points to the same memory
>> (for each single match instance, so you should see exactly three
>> different values).
>
>Since info->master is always on CPU0, it's easy:
>
>	taskset -c 0 iptables -nvL

Blip..

Ideally, for tracking, you can use the -m quota match (or alternatively,
-m quota2 with Xtables-addons, which supports counting upwards)
as an alternate counter to the per-counter rules. IOW

	iptables ... -m statistic ... -m quota --quota 20000000
or	iptables ... -m statistic ... -m quota2 --grow

	(should ideally be done with iptables-restore so that all rules
	take effect at the same time)

then, `taskset -c0 iptables -nvL` should return the same quota values
for all rules.