Re: More nf_conntrack_sip questions

Patrick McHardy wrote:
Philip Prindeville wrote:
I did a little investigation into my one-way voice issue, and noticed that if I don't do voice-menus (i.e. where the Asterisk box itself generates the first outbound INVITE, then passes-through the 2nd INVITE once a handset picks up) then I get two-way voice (i.e. with sending the call directly to the phone). (In this topology, my Asterisk box is also my firewall/NATting router...)

If I enable the voice menus in the inbound dialplan, however, it can hear the voice menus, but not the called-party when they pick up their phone (extension).

So someone (either the SIP conntrack module on the Asterisk border firewall or else the SBC at the ILEC) is failing to look into the 2nd INVITE (i.e. we're not rewriting it properly as it goes by, or the SBC is failing to see it).

What module options are you using for the SIP helper and how is call
setup in asterisk configured (directrtpsetup, canreinvite, ...)?

For the PSTN's switch:

pbx*CLI> sip show peer sip_proxy
pbx*CLI>
 * Name       : sip_proxy
 Secret       : xxxx
 MD5Secret    : <Not set>
 Context      : ctc-incoming
 Subscr.Cont. : <Not set>
Language : AMA flags : Unknown
 Transfer mode: open
 CallingPres  : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
Callgroup : Pickupgroup : Mailbox : VM Extension : asterisk
 LastMsgsSent : 32767/65535
 Call limit   : 0
 Dynamic      : No
 Callerid     : "" <>
 MaxCallBR    : 384 kbps
 Expire       : -1
 Insecure     : no
 Nat          : RFC3581
 ACL          : No
 T38 pt UDPTL : No
 CanReinvite  : Yes
 PromiscRedir : No
 User=Phone   : No
 Video Support: No
 Trust RPID   : No
 Send RPID    : No
 Subscriptions: Yes
 Overlap dial : No
 DTMFmode     : rfc2833
 LastMsg      : 0
 ToHost       : 66.232.80.9
 Addr->IP     : 66.232.80.9 Port 5060
 Defaddr->IP  : 0.0.0.0 Port 0
Def. Username: SIP Options : (none)
 Codecs       : 0x6 (gsm|ulaw)
 Codec Order  : (ulaw:20,gsm:20)
Auto-Framing: No Status : Unmonitored Useragent : Reg. Contact : pbx*CLI>
For the phone:

pbx*CLI> sip show peer office_1
pbx*CLI>
 * Name       : office_1
 Secret       : <Set>
 MD5Secret    : <Not set>
 Context      : redfish-internal
 Subscr.Cont. : <Not set>
Language : AMA flags : Unknown
 Transfer mode: open
 CallingPres  : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
Callgroup : Pickupgroup : Mailbox : 112@redfish,xxxx
 VM Extension : voicemail
 LastMsgsSent : 0/0
 Call limit   : 0
 Dynamic      : Yes
 Callerid     : "Redfish Solutions" <112>
 MaxCallBR    : 384 kbps
 Expire       : 1780
 Insecure     : no
 Nat          : Always
 ACL          : No
 T38 pt UDPTL : No
 CanReinvite  : Yes
 PromiscRedir : No
 User=Phone   : No
 Video Support: No
 Trust RPID   : No
 Send RPID    : No
 Subscriptions: Yes
 Overlap dial : No
 DTMFmode     : rfc2833
 LastMsg      : 0
ToHost : Addr->IP : 192.168.1.7 Port 5060
 Defaddr->IP  : 0.0.0.0 Port 5060
 Def. Username: office_1
 SIP Options  : (none)
 Codecs       : 0x6 (gsm|ulaw)