Conntrack modification

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project, that needs source MAC information for each
active connection tracked by conntrack. In the beginning I was thinking
 about using the nf_conntrack_tuple.src for this purpose, but then I saw
that the hash function is taking into account this struct as well. I
guess that if I modified it, packets wouldn't be properly identified
anymore as part of existing connection. After diving again into the
source code I have come across nf_conntrack_extend , which seems to a
good place to put the MAC related information.

I am really not sure which path should I take. In the simplest case I
could just add __u32 src_mac to the nf_conntrack_tuple, but this doesn't
seem to be a very elegant solution .

Best regards
Piotrek