Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 2.4 released

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:

More problems. :| Restoring my sets+iptables configuration and running "ipset
-F" oopses the kernel, please look at the attached oops.

This is a serious issue in 2.4.x, I'll look into it.

Type of a structure elem when flushing (memsetting to zero) was specified
as uint32_t instead of uint16_t :-(.

Please give a try to the patch below, on top of ipset 2.4.1.

I fixed the bug above and modified all places which might lead to a
similar bug in the future if a type changes. The missing <linux/timer.h>
header files are also added.

Perfect: kernel compiles cleanly and no longer oopses.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

			Krzysztof Olędzki