Re: iptables not working with monolithic 2.6.26.5 kernel on ARM

    Jan> You can change the XT_ALIGN macro in the
    Jan> kernel/include/linux/netfilter/x_tables.h and
    Jan> iptables/include/linux/netfilter/x_tables.h to read

    Jan> 	#ifndef roundup
    Jan> 	#define roundup(x, y) ((((x) + ((y) - 1)) / (y)) * (y))
    Jan> 	#endif
    Jan> 	#define XT_ALIGN(s) roundup(s, sizeof(uint64_t))

    Jan> and try again. There might be more alignment issues hiding,
    Jan> so don't expect it to fix it all in a magic whizz.

Hmmm... that didn't do it.  I'm still seeing the same problem.

I've made the above change in both places (kernel tree, iptables
source).  I compiled the kernel with the cross compiler, and tried
both a statically linked, cross-compiled iptables binary, and natively
compiled complete iptables Debian package.

Weird...  but thanks for the possible workaround!

    >> Of course, I can't strace it because it is static.

    Jan> stracing is independent of staticness/dynamicness.

Oops... could I be thinking of ltrace or should I shut up before I
embarrass myself more?  ;-)  Whatever the case, strace doesn't work
on my static cross-compiled binary...  :-(

peace & happiness,
martin