Re: RFC: net/netfilter reorganization

David Miller wrote:
From: Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:48:36 +0200

The main goal is to get the directory contents to a more reasonable
level and group related stuff together; using just net/netfilter/ct
is still a bit too coarse in my opinion. Under that aspect, what
would your proposed structure be?

One thing I'm looking forward to is the elimination of all of
the xt_* prefixes, and in general better TAB completion
friendliness when I try to open netfilter source files under
emacs or grep things from the command line with tab completed
paths.

I'm not sure how emacs handles completion, would using different
prefixes for matches and targets help? Otherwise I guess we can
just get rid of the prefixes entirely.

The main problem with these renames is that it module aliases
don't work for "rmmod", which is a pretty common thing with
these modules. I guess we'd need to fix up module-init-tools
first.