Re: iptables not working with monolithic 2.6.26.5 kernel on ARM

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2008-10-03 08:56, Patrick McHardy wrote:
If I remember correctly we had a similar reports that were related to ABI
mismatches. Please verify that both userspace and kernel are using the
same ABI, in case they are please post your .config.

Well, the kernel/userspace certainly has support for mixed 64/32 ABI,
so calling for both being the same seems like an unnecessary push.

My knowledge of ARM is quite limited, so you're probably right
that its not necessary to have all of userspace match the kernel
ABI. But I think its necessary for iptables to avoid alignment
differences.