Re: About the kernel panic using the ip_queue!

Jacky Luk wrote:
Hi,

I am using the ip_queue to copy the packets to the userspace to perform some modification in the system which is installed the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Nahant Update 6 (Kernel: 2.6.9-67.ELsmp). This system has six NIC ports and forms three bondings (Two ports to form one bonding). Therefore, two of the bondings would be used to handle the packet modification. They are belonged to different network and subnets. One of the bonding is belonged to 192.168.0.x and the other one is belonged to 192.168.1.x.

I have discovered that the system would be freezed under the high traffic loading in certain time. The following is the error message which is captured from the /var/log/message:

Sep 19 02:25:28 NEIPPROXY02 kernel: EFLAGS: 00010246  (2.6.9-67.ELsmp)
Sep 19 02:25:28 NEIPPROXY02 kernel: EIP is at flush_old_exec+0x178/0x24c

That doesn't look related to ip_queue. In any case, that kernel
is many years old, so you need to talk to your vendor for support.
There have been *a lot* of queueing related fixes since then.