Re: [RFC] netfilter: Rename ipt_ECN.h to ipt_ecn_target.h (and similar) to avoid file name clash

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Saturday 2008-08-16 15:14, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> As I see it, this will already be addressed by merging complementary
> >> code into one source file (e.g. MARK, mark, CONNMARK, connmark
> >> all into a big new xt_mark.c), to reduce (a) amount of files
> >> and (b) build time.
> >[...]
> >
> >That is half of the story: we encode the functionality (match/target) in
> >the case of the (file)name and there are targets which have got no match
> >counterpart and thus no natural lowercase filename to merge into it. So
> >the directory tree still will be broken on case-insensitive filesystems.
>
> We have not decided on filenames yet, just that matches/targets that
> are commonly used together should go into a single file for the two
> above-mentioned reasons, and lower-casing does not appear in (a) or (b).

You wrote: "by merging into ... a big new xt_mark.c". Pteris also
suggested fully lowercased names, e.g. xt_connmark_target.h. Or are you
just pulling my leg by pointing to the possibility to >capitalize< all
the filenames in netfilter, to achieve case-insensitive filenames?

But of course I'm writing about (c):

libipt_SNAT|DNAT|MASQUERADE|REDIRECT|SAME|NETMAP.c
libipt_LOG.c, libxt_NFLOG.c,

And you are fully aware that the same case-sensitivity applies to the
source of iptables as well.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-