Re: [RFC] netfilter: Rename ipt_ECN.h to ipt_ecn_target.h (and similar) to avoid file name clash

On Saturday 2008-08-16 15:14, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>> On Friday 2008-08-15 18:03, P˙˙teris K˙˙avi˙˙š wrote:
>>
>> > The changes are proposed in order to avoid file name clashes on
>> > filesystems that do not allow two files to have names that differ
>> > only in the case of their letters:
>> >
>> > include/linux/netfilter/xt_CONNMARK.h => xt_connmark_target.h
>> [...]
>>
>> As I see it, this will already be addressed by merging complementary
>> code into one source file (e.g. MARK, mark, CONNMARK, connmark
>> all into a big new xt_mark.c), to reduce (a) amount of files
>> and (b) build time.
>[...]
>
>That is half of the story: we encode the functionality (match/target) in
>the case of the (file)name and there are targets which have got no match
>counterpart and thus no natural lowercase filename to merge into it. So
>the directory tree still will be broken on case-insensitive filesystems.

We have not decided on filenames yet, just that matches/targets that
are commonly used together should go into a single file for the two
above-mentioned reasons, and lower-casing does not appear in (a) or (b).