Re: Plans for future iptables versions / jumpset feature

Nishit Shah wrote:
Hi,
	I am also looking/working for same thing as something like
"jumpset", even discussed with Patrick in last workshop regarding how to do
it, but it looks difficult to me by just seeing at code or understanding the
code without the overall impact.
	It would be nice if someone can share the idea of how to do it or
give a lead for how to proceed.

Basically, you'd change (in ipt_do_table):

int newpos = t->verdict;

to get the new position from the target module. This probably
requires to change the target function signature. Alternatively
you could try to encode it in the verdict. Loop detection
needs some way to get all possible jumps from the target
and check each possible path. Maybe the easiest way is probably
a target built into ip_tables.c