Re: Plans for future iptables versions / jumpset feature

> There have been a few changes regarding insertion speed. Even if one
> has 500 rules (see that URL), they can probably be optimized using
> IPMARK or chaintrees.

I was thinking more along the lines of >100k rules. Iptables
can easily handles those numbers at the moment, it's just a bit
awkward to deal with.

By chaintrees I presume you mean trees of iptables chains and not
some sort of tool named this way?

> Also, one should use iptables-restore for
> updates, at least when changing more than one rule in a go. Lots of
> people fail to actually use it.

To be sure, but I am also interested in improving the time required
to find to correct chain given 1000s or 10000s of ip to chain mappings
and of course the usability of a construct like that.