Re: NFLOG - missing packets?

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 22:53, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> > plain text logging facility and then convert it to a
> > database *offline* if you really need advanced queries.
>
> Yeah, but what we can do is check whether the message
> was successfully transmitted in the kernel and drop
> the packet in case it wasn't. That should catch 99.9%
> of all error cases since a slow databse effectively
> only causes the process to read less often from the
> netlink socket.

What we did, is trying to transport a message over network
to another host, for further analysis - OPRINT and LOGEMU
targets were used. Even with no further DB interaction
(just plain dumping to a file) - causes loosing of 50% of
packets with hacked OPRINT - regardles if it's done while
connecting to localhost (same pc) or another host.
PC's are P4-3Ghz.

host 1(NFLOG -> ULOG -> OPRINT_OVER_NETWORK) -> host 2
(LOG_RECEIVER)

and just plain native LOGEMU looses arround 1% of packets on
100mbit transfers.

If there a way for checking is the message were transmitted,
how to do that?