Re: netfilter moving to git

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Tuesday 2008-05-13 17:19, Patrick McHardy wrote:
Fact is there has been going a lot of work into keeping it in git-style
shape. It's alright if you do not trust it, but then
again, it would be a waste to run with a crippled-metadata repo
or to do the conversion again.
True, but as a matter of principle, I can't use an untrusted repository.

And anyways, I also don't see anything wrong with simply starting with
a clean history by only importing the latest version, In that case I'd
have no problem using your fixed-up repository as historical reference.

I think this idea came up back in February already (starting from a
new slate), I am fine with that.

Though, what's wrong with stitching the first version of the
new repository to the last version of the old one?

That would work, but Yasuyuki already provided me with the
information for properly tagging the tree, so I'll keep the
current iptables repository. Thanks anyway.