svn to git (Was: Re: Xtables, Xtables-addons 1.5.1)

From: Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:17:44 +0100

> Yasuyuki KOZAKAI wrote:
> > From: Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:56:49 +0100

> >> I didn't find time for this so far. Unfortunately there seems to be
> >> something wrong with the netfilter SVN and a full import didn't work
> >> last time I tried, so we would have to throw away the history.
> >
> > We can keep the history in git tree.
> >
> > Actually I could do that (with some diffs of $Id lines) for almost
> > programs last year. But I did not update my git tree.
> >
> > Unfortunately I have to concentrate with other work until next Monday.
> > If you want the recent git tree, I'll update and put them people.netfilter.org
> > next week.
> >
> > (You can get the old git tree for iptables at
> > 	http://people.netfilter.org/yasuyuki/git/iptables.git/
> >  and the mapping of svn revision and git tag is available at
> > 	http://people.netfilter.org/yasuyuki/git/iptables.git/svn2git)
> >
> > Sorry, but I couldn't find the way to synchronize svn tree from git tree.
> > So at least we have to 'switch' git tree from svn tree at once.
>

> That sounds good. I won't be able to look into this until the
> end of next week, but I'll look into it then. We'll also need
> to set up gitweb and a public git server somewhere.

I've updated them and created some more trees.

Now the recent trees are available at

	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/iptables.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/conntrack-tools.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/ipset.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/iptables.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/libnetfilter_conntrack.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/libnetfilter_cthelper.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/libnetfilter_log.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/libnetfilter_queue.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/libnfnetlink.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/patch-o-matic-ng.git
	rsync://people.netfilter.org/users/yasuyuki/git/ulog.git

And the maps between git tag and svn revision created by git-svnimport are at
	http://people.netfilter.org/yasuyuki/git/<tree name>/svn2git

The tar archives of each trees are in

	http://people.netfilter.org/yasuyuki/archives/

If you want synchronize iptables.git with svn tree by yourself for example,
please download and extract the tar archive, and

	$ cd iptables.git
	$ git-svnimport -v -T trunk/iptables	\
			-b dummy_branches	\
			-t dummy_tags		\
			http://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter

# I did not try if I could update git tree on the cloned tree from above
# rsync path.

How about other trees ? If you want, please let me know.

Regards,

-- Yasuyuki Kozakai