Re: [ULOGD RFC 08/30] NFCT: rework

Holger Eitzenberger wrote:
> Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
>> * Default hashtable size reduced to 512, why?
>
> You are still talking about the ulogd-NFCT-plugin.diff, right?  Please
> comment on the version as it is at the end of the patchset.

Sorry, I don't understand your patchset logic since I have to apply them
all to understand what you want to do, this is confusing.

>> * This patch checks if every conntrack exists in the kernel every N
>> seconds to handle overruns. Instead, why doesn't it wait for ENOBUFS in
>> the recv buffer and, then try to resync to kernel?
>
> This is one of the future improvements I've only queued locally.  As
> this isn't critical I suggest to wait for that.

The point is that I don't understand why we have to apply these NFCT
patches which IMO do a sloppy netlink handling and then wait until this
is completely rewritten again properly... (continue below)

>> * ct_hash_find_seq is O(n). Overruns sometimes happen because the CPU
>> reaches 100% consumption, so if it can't backoff, this function won't
>> help that much in those cases.
>
>  [ULOGD RFC 15/30] NFCT: add sequence cache
>
> That patch was provided exactly to solve that issue.

... because AFAICS if we check for ENOBUFS and then resync against the
kernel table using GET_CONNTRACK we won't need the sequence cache later,
will we?

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers
-