Re: [ULOGD RFC 03/30] Replace timer code by working version

Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> The inititial timer code was incomplete and IMO too complicated for what
>> it did.  AFAIRK at the time I started hacking on that there wasn't even
>> a single user of that API.
>> This patch turns the timers into simple and more importantly working
>> timers which with 1-sec resolution.  They might easily be adjusted or
>> improved later on.

> Agreed, from what I remeber about ulogd2 and our discussions there
> doesn't seem to be any need for higher precision. I'll look into
> the details later.

Yes, there currently is no need for higher-precision timers in ulogd.
Looking at the code I think that Haralds intention was to have those
timers because IPFIX supports (at least principially) higher-precision
timerstamps.  IMO ideally there should be added a config switch for
that.

My next round of patches will clean up the existing code base further,
with focus on the ulogd core.

 /holger
-