Bug with Fedora's 2.6.23.9-85 kernel (at least) and ESTABLISHED and SACK

Please CC me on any replies as I am not subscribed.

I was downloading a new Google Earth when I noticed a LOT of max-size dropped packets in my firewall log. I only allow RELATED,ESTABLISHED sessions into my firewall.

tcpdump showed that every time Google sent a packet to satisfy the missing data identified by SACK, that packet was rejected. So it must have been missing the ESTABLISHED rule.

I fixed the problem by adding an ALLOW source port 80 rule for the Google download site IP.

This makes me wonder how often this has happened and I haven't noticed it. Is this a known bug or something new?

BTW, your netfilter Bugzilla is dead or at least 404 missing.
-