Re: [NETFILTER]: xt_TCPMSS: Consider reverse route's MTU in clamp-to-pmtu

Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Hello,

Jaco Kroon a écrit :

possibly add a "--clamp-to-mtu mtu_value" or "--clamp-to-mss mss_value" option (I'd prefer --clamp-to-mtu), which works like --set, but only if the new mss value is less than the existing one.

Doesn't the patch "xt_TCPMSS: don't allow netfilter --setmss to increase mss" applied to 2.6.25 about a month ago already do this ?

I haven't followed that. I'm running stable (2.6.23.14 atm) on most of my systems, my notebook is still on -rc8 for 2.6.24. I've just had a specific problem that had a need to be scratched, but yes, based on the description you gave that would do _exactly_ that.

Random question: What happens with the case where we explicitly _want_ to break the MSS? In other words, to set it to something insane like 3000 in order to test other equipment.

Jaco
-