Re: conntrackd: questions about the new alarm implementation

On 2008/01/21 14:18, Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure. Current approach gives good results to my benchmarks and I can
> make peace since it's not linear anymore ;).

It's still linear.  add_alarm() is still O(n), or better: it is
O(n/2048) which is mathematically the same as O(n).  But you made
everything else O(n*2048) = O(n), which is why I dislike this
optimization - you optimized for one artificial test case, penalizing
the majority of conntrackd users who don't have 25.000 connections.

Max

-