[RFC] generic CONNTRACK target

Hi Patrick,

Attached an untested RFC patch to discuss the posibility of introducing
a generic CONNTRACK target which replaces several existing specific
targets. It's a quick and dirty hack. I have also somehow merged the
recent Phil Oester's proposition on manual timeouts. We may also
introduce there the explicit helper tracking via iptables that you've
been discussing lately.

Also, I'd like to discuss some kind of mechanisms to reduce the number
of event messages generated by ctnetlink such as introducing
IPCT_VOLATILE to explicitly tell ctnetlink ignore certain events via
iptables. I think that, ideally, an alternative can be some kind of
ctnetlink filtering based on unicast netlink socket (similar to
nfnetlink_queue) in which we attach a filter via CMD_SUBSCRIBE_EVENTS or
something. This solution let us define a per-socket filter in the style
of BSF. However, this means that we'll need a complete filtering
facility for ctnetlink to classify events, and iptables already provides
such classificator. This is intended to reduce the CPU consumption of
conntrackd (around 25% avg, 45% max, in my testbed [1] with 2500 HTTP
GET request per second) by only replicating TCP ESTABLISHED states.

Any ideas?

[1] http://people.netfilter.org/pablo/conntrack-tools/testcase.html

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers
-