Re: iptables -> can't initialize iptables table `filter': Bad file descriptor

On Dec 14, 2007 6:22 AM, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Salatiel Filho wrote:

> >> [ I'm jumping in on the end of the thread with comments not directed
> >> at anyone specific.]
> >>
> >> I just saw an additional comment to #446685. A search for "EABI iptables"
> >> shows a known arm iptables' problem and at least one workaround is the chroot
> >> method mentioned in the report.
> >>
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=446685
>

> The bad fd bug visible in the strace attached to that report is the
> one I fixed in SVN.
>
> > I have not test the solution cause i have to download 116MB to chroot :)
> > But i`m curious , if i compile both source kernel and source iptables
> > , should`t they be compatible ?
>

> They should, unless something is causing different structure layout.

I tried chroot in that rootfs. But when i try to run iptables i get

# iptables -L
ERROR: 0 not a valid target)
Aborted

So that is not a workaround.
--
[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".
-