Re: iptables -> can't initialize iptables table `filter': Bad file descriptor

Salatiel Filho wrote:
On 12/13/07, Laurence J. Lane <ljlane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 11, 2007 5:29 AM, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It shouldn't, but I haven't seen any other complaints about this
yet, so please try to either compile the kernel natively or also
cross-compile iptables.
[ I'm jumping in on the end of the thread with comments not directed
at anyone specific.]

I just saw an additional comment to #446685. A search for "EABI iptables"
shows a known arm iptables' problem and at least one workaround is the chroot
method mentioned in the report.

The bad fd bug visible in the strace attached to that report is the
one I fixed in SVN.

I have not test the solution cause i have to download 116MB to chroot :)
But i`m curious , if i compile both source kernel and source iptables
, should`t they be compatible ?

They should, unless something is causing different structure layout.
-