Re: iptables release

Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Patrick McHardy wrote:

It seems it switches the first directory and "trunk". Did you use
git-svnimport or just git-svn for importing?

I use "git-svn":
git-svn clone https://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/ -T trunk -b branches -t tags

And I had to update git to a newer version (1.5.3 than debians 1.4.4) to make it work.

Still, I don't think it got the tags and branches right, because .git/refs/tags is empty. And it only gets log history back from revision 3070 (thats where a "new global trunk directory" were created).

When I want to sync with SVN I do:

 git-checkout master
 git-svn fetch
 git-svn rebase

To get one of my work branches up to sync I do a git rebase:

 git-checkout perf_work1
 git rebase master

Yeah, that works for importing the head and keeping in sync,
but it doesn't work for importing the entire repository with
branches and history according to the manpage. Still useful
since I hate SVN about as much as CVS :)

-