Re: iptables release

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Patrick McHardy wrote:

It seems it switches the first directory and "trunk". Did you use
git-svnimport or just git-svn for importing?

I use "git-svn":
 git-svn clone https://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/ -T trunk -b branches -t tags

And I had to update git to a newer version (1.5.3 than debians 1.4.4) to make it work.

Still, I don't think it got the tags and branches right, because .git/refs/tags is empty. And it only gets log history back from revision 3070 (thats where a "new global trunk directory" were created).

When I want to sync with SVN I do:

 git-checkout master
 git-svn fetch
 git-svn rebase

To get one of my work branches up to sync I do a git rebase:

 git-checkout perf_work1
 git rebase master

Hilsen
  Jesper Brouer