Re: Problem with new --physdev-out style

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Philip Craig wrote:
>>> Try adding "--physdev-is-bridged" to your rules. Without that the kernel
>>> is not able to tell whether they apply only to bridged packets or also
>>> to forwarded or locally generated ones.
>> That won't work for the above rule, for example, since the packet is
>> being forwarded between two different bridges, so it is not bridged.
>

> I see nothing indicating that it is being forwarded.

They are different bridges, BR_GUEST and BR_INT, doesn't that mean it must
be forwarded?

> bridge-netfilter
> passes packets though the iptables hooks by default.

Yes, but if the destination is a different bridge then isn't it passed up
to the IP layer without going through NF_BR_FORWARD, and so BRNF_BRIDGED
is never set?  And more importantly, nf_bridge->physoutdev is never set
until the output bridge processes it.

-