Re: PATCH: "invalid SYNIN=" - a patch and a question

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> > I think the code segment is correct. However, the end of the segment
> > is miscalculated by segment_seq_plus_len because the offset added to
> > 'dataoff' by the get_l4proto function of IPv4/IPv6 is not taken into
> > account. Please check whether the patch below fixes it:
>
> Actually that offset should always be zero for anything but packets
> encapsulated within ICMP, which don't pass though TCP conntrack.

Here we calculate the sequence number of the last octet in the packet from
the actual data length of the skbuff, so by the 'dataoff' argument of
segment_seq_plus_len we must pass the length of the IP(v4|6) header. But
the 'dataoff' parameter supplied by the nf_conntrack core is larger by
skb_network_offset(skb) therefore 'dataoff' must be decremented by it
before passing to segment_seq_plus_len.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-