Re: PATCH: "invalid SYNIN=" - a patch and a question

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:

> Does this same error exist in 2.6.22?

Yes, and in earlier releases as well: as far as I see the bug was
introduced by nf_conntrack.

> BTW: what is your opinion about
> net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_time_wait?

We already "violate" the RFC. And considering other IP stacks, in order
to avoid all unnecessarily blocked late packets, we should probably set
the timeout value back to 2*MSL.

By setting it to 1MSL we try to find the proper balance between "not too
much blocked late packets" and "get rid of conntrack entries as fast as
possible".

Best regards,
Jozsef
-