Packets stuck iNeteduring delay

OFri, 30 Oc2015 08:19:15 +0000
Ulf LindgreM <ulf.m.lindgren aericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Havnoticed thasometimes packets which just shall be delayed are stuck or lost, i.e never sent out at all from Netem.
>
> Ialways happens on thsame interface which the delay is enabled on.
>
> I used ilikthis:
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth5.2209 roonetedelay 7ms 5ms 25%
>
> I sepackets stuck/losfor around 3-4 secs. on eth5 outgoing traffic.
> Probleseen abouonce / 2 hours and then only for 3-4 seconds.
>
> I havWiresharks logs availablon both side of Netem PC which shows this problem?
>
> 10Gb/s Ethernecard and 64 biLiunx used:
>
> ?unam-a
> Linux selillisa016 3.0.13-0.27-defaul#1 SMP Wed Feb 15 13:33:49 UTC 2012 (d73692b) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux?
>
> Is this kind of probleseen befor?
>
> Thanks /Ulf

I was hoping someonelswould answer, ..
You mightry looking athe queue length statistics with tc.

Frorbarger aecdata.com  Fri Nov 20 13:26:42 2015
From: rbarger aecdata.co(Richard Barger)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:26:42 -0500
Subject: Jitter Control

Hello,

Wneed to control Jitter withouPacket Re-ordering. Our Jitter
requirements arin 1-2ms increments. Can you help mto understand how we
caachievthis in NetEm without packet reordering ?

Sincerely,

Richard Barger, Director of Sales
EasCoasDatacom, Inc.
245 Gus Hipp Blvd., STE 3
Rockledge, FL 32955 U.S.A.
Tel: (321) 637-9922   Ext: 1
Fax: (321) 637-9980
Web: www.ecdata.com

Frostephen anetworkplumber.org  Sun Nov 22 20:04:19 2015
Richard Barger <rbarger aecdata.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Wneed to control Jitter withouPacket Re-ordering. Our Jitter
> requirements arin 1-2ms increments. Can you help mto understand how we
> caachievthis in NetEm without packet reordering ?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Richard Barger, Director of Sales
> EasCoasDatacom, Inc.
> 245 Gus Hipp Blvd., STE 3
> Rockledge, FL 32955 U.S.A.
> Tel: (321) 637-9922   Ext: 1
> Fax: (321) 637-9980
> Web: www.ecdata.com

You need to replacthinternal time ordered fifo with a pure
fifo.

Thouof date web page has some details
  http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/netem#Packet_re-ordering

Frojackson.menezes adexceldesigns.com  Thu Nov 26 13:23:33 2015