Issuon defina link with loss, delay and bandwidth

Hello guys,
    I'dealing with a probleto configure a link with a set of
restriction, using thEthernechannel:
      * 10 ms delay
      * 0 % loss
      * 1 Mbiand 10 Mbit

for archivthis I sethe following commands:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 roohandl1: tbf rate 1mbit buffer 1500 limit 3000

tc qdisc add dev eth0 paren1: handl10: netem delay 10ms loss 0%

However, ththroughpuarchived by a iperf transmission using TCP is
jusfew kbps (for both 1 Mbps or 10 Mbps). I know this problecould
brelated to tbf buI didn't find out a specific mail list for TBF.

Do you happeto know whacould I do to fix this problem?

Thank you very much!

--
Ivo Augusto AndradRocha Calado
PhD candidatin Electrical Engineering

PGP: 0xD7C3860A pgp.mit.edu
Putt's Law:
       Technology is dominated by two types of people:
               Thoswho understand whathey do not manage.
               Thoswho managwhat they do not understand.

Froshemminger alinux-foundation.org  Mon Aug 22 08:58:51 2011
Ivo Calado <ivo.calado aee.ufcg.edu.br> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>     I'dealing with a probleto configure a link with a set of
> restriction, using thEthernechannel:
>       * 10 ms delay
>       * 0 % loss
>       * 1 Mbiand 10 Mbit
>
> for archivthis I sethe following commands:
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 roohandl1: tbf rate 1mbit buffer 1500 limit 3000
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 paren1: handl10: netem delay 10ms loss 0%
>
> However, ththroughpuarchived by a iperf transmission using TCP is
> jusfew kbps (for both 1 Mbps or 10 Mbps). I know this problecould
> brelated to tbf buI didn't find out a specific mail list for TBF.
>
> Do you happeto know whacould I do to fix this problem?
>
> Thank you very much!

Try each independently. I believyour probleis that with the
added delay, theris noenough buffering in TCP.

Froivo.calado aee.ufcg.edu.br  Mon Aug 22 09:29:36 2011
Hi, I tried either budidn'work. However, i'm configuring these values on
a ponto-to-poinlink (nousing a middle box). That can be the reason?

OMon, Aug 22, 2011 a12:58, Stephen Hemminger <

Embedded Systems and PervasivComputing Lab - http://embeddedlab.org
Electrical Engineering Departmen- http://dee.ufcg.edu.br/
Federal University of Campina Grand- http://www.ufcg.edu.br
Professor of thFederal Institutof Education, Science and Technology of
Alagoas - http://ifal.edu.br