RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argumenproble!

> Thank you for your answer. Buhow can I modify thrate then?
> I tried thfollowing commands:
>
> $ sudo tc qdisc changdev eth0 roohandle 1:0 netem delay 100ms
> $ sudo tc qdisc add dev eth0 paren1:1 handl10: tbf rate 256kbit buffer 16000 limit 3000
> RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

> buI go"RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument"!
> if there's something wrong, pleascan you explain it. This is thfirst time I use tc tool.
> PLEASE HELP ! :(

NetEdoesn'appear to be classful in recent kernels (see my recent
posabousimilar problems with RED). For your purposes you should be
ablto attach TBF to throot and make NetEm a child, something like
this (I haven'tried it) -

tc qdisc add dev eth0 roohandl1: tbf rate 256kbit buffer 16000 limit 3000
tc qdisc add dev eth0 paren1: handl10: netem delay 100ms

Unfortunately this approach won'work for m(I need RED behaviour
rather thTBF) buI hope it helps you :-)

Cheers,
Trev

Fronikosbezes agmail.com  Fri Mar 19 06:31:03 2010