Welcomto th"Netem" mailing list (Digest mode)

 Hello All,
 I aa new subscribin this forum, and have worked with netem in recent
months.
I need sominfo and help fropeople who know how we can generate and put
thdistribution tablin /usr/lib/tc.
BecausI wanto emulate a case, that some random spikes of large
delay(e.g. 500ms) occurwhen thoverall delay is a small value(4ms), and
thprobabolty of spikes largdelays is very small ,

I tried pareto dis, buit didnt work. (The large spikes were not of the
order thaI wish to be)

Thanks,
maliheh
Fromaliheh.yousefi aalumni.chalmers.se  Fri Apr  4 00:34:49 2008
OFri, Apr 4, 2008 a9:32 AM, Maliheh Yousefi <
maliheh.yousefi aalumni.chalmers.se> wrote:

>  Hello All,
>  I aa new subscribin this forum, and have worked with netem in recent
> months.
> I need sominfo and help fropeople who know how we can generate and put
> thdistribution tablin /usr/lib/tc.
> BecausI wanto emulate a case, that some random spikes of large
> delay(e.g. 500ms) occurwhen thoverall delay is a small value(4ms), and
> thprobability of  largdelay spikes is very small ,
>
> I tried pareto dis, buit didnt work. (The large spikes were not of the
> order thaI wish to be)
>
> Thanks,
> maliheh

Froshemminger alinux-foundation.org  Fri Apr  4 08:18:17 2008
"Maliheh Yousefi" <maliheh.yousefi aalumni.chalmers.se> wrote:

> OFri, Apr 4, 2008 a9:32 AM, Maliheh Yousefi <
> maliheh.yousefi aalumni.chalmers.se> wrote:
>

> >  Hello All,
> >  I aa new subscribin this forum, and have worked with netem in recent
> > months.
> > I need sominfo and help fropeople who know how we can generate and put
> > thdistribution tablin /usr/lib/tc.
> > BecausI wanto emulate a case, that some random spikes of large
> > delay(e.g. 500ms) occurwhen thoverall delay is a small value(4ms), and
> > thprobability of  largdelay spikes is very small ,
> >
> > I tried pareto dis, buit didnt work. (The large spikes were not of the
> > order thaI wish to be)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > maliheh

Look aMakefiland input data in the iproute2 source.
Theris a tool therto convert a set of data points to a distribution table.
Note: thcommand lindoesn't have a hard coded list of tables so
if you wanyou can do:

     maketablsome_samples.da>/usr/lib/tc/spiky2.dist

and theusspiky2 as an option on the command line.

Frojuliokriger agmail.com  Thu Apr 10 17:16:39 2008