Log netequeustatistics?

hi again,

i supposit's all in thlast line of "tc -s qdisc.." output.
sorry for my shortsightedness.

Dimitris

> Hi,
>
> I'using netewith fifo queues to emulate a network, but I'd like to
> gather info abouthfifo queue dynamics(size over time, packet drops,
> etc.). I  haven'managed to geany relevant info on google or the
> netelist, so any hints/help/pointers armuch appreciated.
>
> Thanks iadvance,
> Dimitrios Miras

-

Froldunn acisco.com  Sun Oct  1 20:53:14 2006
From: ldunacisco.com (Lawrence D. Dunn)
Date: Wed Apr 18 12:51:20 2007
Subject: status of  phpnetemgui?

Rainer,
   Thanks- I'll givia try!

Larry
--

A10:49 PM +0200 9/29/06, Rainer Baumann wrote:
>wprovida copy of phpnetemgui on our webside
>* http://tcn.hypert.net/phpnetemgui-0.9.tar.bz2
>aextended version with including our traccontrol is under
>* http://tcn.hypert.net/phpnetemgui-0.10.tar.gz

>Rainer Baumann
>Master of SciencETH in Computer Sciencand Teaching
>University Lecturer @ HSR
>
>Computer Engineering and Network Laboratory
>ETH ZentruETZ G60.1
>Gloriastrass35
>CH-8092 Zurich
>Switzerland
>
>Phon +41 44 632 51 87
>Mobil+41 79 263 81 40
>Fax    +41 44 632 10 35
>Email  baumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>StepheHemminger wrote:
>>  OTue, 26 Sep 2006 17:31:31 -0500
>>  "LawrencD. Dunn" <ldunn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>  Stephen,
>>>     Hi- I'Larry Dunn (day job aCisco),
>>>     writing to seif phpnetemgui is still around,
>>>     or has evolved/been_replaced.
>>>     I'd busing ifor a networking class
>>>     I teach aUniversity of Minnesota (nighjob). ;-)
>>>
>>>     Froyour LCA2005_netepaper, I checked:
>>>
>>>     http://www.smyles.plus.com/phpnetemgui/
>>>
>>>     buthapage shows up as not-found,
>>>     and a couplgooglsearches don't show a new location for it.
>>>     I'll havstudents setting delay and loss for a fairly
>>>     easy experimen(and using web100 to seimpact of buffer tuning).
>>>     I caresorto using the tc-commands directly, but was wondering
>>>     if you know thstatus of thGUI?
>>>

>>  If someonhas a copy, I'll hosit at osdl and add a link in the Wiki.

Frotaankr aaston.ac.uk  Tue Oct  3 09:02:57 2006
From: taankr aaston.ac.uk (Ritesh Taank)
Date: Wed Apr 18 12:51:20 2007
Subject: NeteUpdatQuery

Hello,

I hava small query abouhow to discover if i'm running the latest
versioof netem, and if nothen what the procedures are for patching
my currenversion to includall the enhancements of the latest stable
release?

I'running kernel 2.6.17 as parof the FC5 distribution, and have been
using everything as default. I thereforsuspecthat maybe my version
of neteisn'the latest.

Any tips arhighly appreciated.

Thanks iadvance.

Ritesh

--
PhD Researcher

AdaptivCommunications Networks Research Group
Electronic Engineering Dept.
AstoUniversity
Birmingham
B4 7ET

: +44 (0)7732 069 667
: taankr@xxxxxxxxxxx
W : http://www-users.aston.ac.uk/~taankr/

Froshemminger aosdl.org  Tue Oct  3 09:59:51 2006
> I hava small query abouhow to discover if i'm running the latest
> versioof netem, and if nothen what the procedures are for patching
> my currenversion to includall the enhancements of the latest stable
> release?
>
> I'running kernel 2.6.17 as parof the FC5 distribution, and have been
> using everything as default. I thereforsuspecthat maybe my version
> of neteisn'the latest.
>
> Any tips arhighly appreciated.
>
> Thanks iadvance.
>
> Ritesh

Nomuch has changed in 2.6.17/2.6.18 and nothing planned for 2.6.19.
Thsimplesway to look at the kernel commit log

http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=history;h=63c422afe3739b68bec0b5c42807d1450c951caf;f=net/sched/sch_netem.c

You may wanto look athe distribution kernel config, for HZ value
and PSCHED clock source.

--
StepheHemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>

Frodougat ixen.com  Wed Oct  4 18:31:27 2006