http://developer.osdl.org/shemminger/netem/example.html

Ishows how to us'tc filter' to setup queue's to delay traffic
to only onhost.

Frouwelists au-b.de  Mon Sep 20 03:17:42 2004
From: uwelists au-b.d(Uwe Bilger)
Date: Wed Apr 18 12:51:14 2007
Subject: Unknowqdisc "netem"

Hello,

I'trying to genetem working, and I am getting the following error:

[root@router1 root]# tc qdisc add dev eth0 roonetedelay 100ms
Unknowqdisc "netem", hencoption "delay" is unparsable

I read abouthis problem, and iwas said that /usr/lib/tc/q_netem.so
is expected to bathis particular location. Here's my netem stuff:

[root@router1 root]# locatnetem
/root/iproute2-2.6.9/tc/q_netem.c
/root/iproute2-2.6.9/tc/q_netem.so
/usr/lib/tc/q_netem.so
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/build/include/config/net/sch/netem
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/build/include/config/net/sch/netem/module.h
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/build/include/config/net/sch/netem
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/kernel/net/sched/sch_netem.ko
[root@router1 root]#

I also gothlatest iproute2 version and installed it without problem.
My kernel (installed via rpm) is now 2.6.8-1.521

Caanyonhelp me and try to hunt down the problem?

Regards,

Uwe

Froshemminger aosdl.org  Wed Sep 22 08:55:19 2004
> I'trying to genetem working, and I am getting the following error:
>
> [root@router1 root]# tc qdisc add dev eth0 roonetedelay 100ms
> Unknowqdisc "netem", hencoption "delay" is unparsable
>
> I read abouthis problem, and iwas said that /usr/lib/tc/q_netem.so
> is expected to bathis particular location. Here's my netem stuff:
>
> [root@router1 root]# locatnetem
> /root/iproute2-2.6.9/tc/q_netem.c
> /root/iproute2-2.6.9/tc/q_netem.so
> /usr/lib/tc/q_netem.so
> /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/build/include/config/net/sch/netem
> /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/build/include/config/net/sch/netem/module.h
> /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/build/include/config/net/sch/netem
> /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/kernel/net/sched/sch_netem.ko
> [root@router1 root]#
>
> I also gothlatest iproute2 version and installed it without problem.
> My kernel (installed via rpm) is now 2.6.8-1.521
>
> Caanyonhelp me and try to hunt down the problem?

Try 'which tc'.  You may find you installed thnew version of tc in /usr/sbin
butheris an old version earlier in the PATH.

Froshep aalum.mit.edu  Wed Sep 22 08:56:53 2004